Whether you are looking for the best facial cleaner for acne prone skin, or you just want to take a little time to do some DIY at home and save some significant money, you are in the right spot.
Throw Your Harsh Chemical Laden Facial Products Away
Many facial cleansers and washes have lots of nasty chemicals in them. We all know that our skin is our largest organ of our body and everything can be absorbed very quickly through the skin. For that reason, it is critical to take care of our skin and be mindful of the ingredients we are putting on it every day. Many store-bought facial cleaners are laden with all sorts of chemical garbage. I don’t know about you, but when I am washing my face, I want to remove impurities and have soft, clean skin. I don’t want to add harsh chemicals and ingredients that can cause me health problems and skin damage years down the road. Also sometimes the harsh ingredients can also cause other unwanted problems like how it dries the skin.
A Natural Blemish Fighting Face Wash
Having acne prone skin can be so embarrassing and costly too. There are many causes of acne including; going through puberty, improper face washing, having dirty sheets and pillow cases, pregnancy, stress, food, food intolerances, and so much more. We hope you will like this to help combat acne and improve your skin. This face wash is also ideal for teenagers to use too. Unless you put a big label on it that says it helps with blemishes, they won’t even know. Just tell them they have a new facewash and how to use it.
To be a little more mindful about the ingredients in products I use every day, and take care of my body, I started using this foaming facial cleanser and natural face wash. I think this homemade face wash has been great at cleaning and helping to take care of my skin. The ingredients listed here in this homemade face wash are gentle, and soothing and will also contribute to moisturize and reduce blemishes. It is an excellent natural face wash. I have oily skin, and I think this is the best face wash for oily skin that is homemade. Even if your skin is naturally dry, I believe that you’re going to be pleasantly surprised with this cleaner also! This cleanser is great for both oil and dry skin types.
Enjoy a fresh, cleansed face with this homemade face wash. Washing your face will never feel so refreshing!
Ingredients For The Best Facial Cleaner For Acne Prone Skin:
- Foaming soap dispenser
- Filtered, chlorine free water (you can let your water sit on the counter for 24 hours to let the chlorine evaporate out)
- 1/4 cup liquid Castile soap (I love Dr. Bronner’s if you can find it, if not any brand is fine!)
- 1 1/2 t. aloe vera gel
- 1 1/2 t. glycerin
- 10-15 drops of essential oils *more on that down below
- A small funnel
- To make the best facial cleaner for acne, first, you’ll need to get some water. You are going to need anywhere from about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup depending on how thick you want your foaming facial cleanser to be. Once you have your water, add 1/2 cup of water to a bowl with the aloe vera gel, and glycerin. Go ahead and mix that up well with a hand mixer, it shouldn’t take very long. Then, I like to add my essential oils to the mix and give it a whirl to get it blended in. I like to use Tea Tree oil (Melaleuca), Cedarwood, Geranium, and Frankincense essential oils in my facial wash (Not always together, pick a couple). I add tea tree oil and Frankincense oil because they have a lot of properties that will help benefit my skin. Some people like to use lavender too. Adding lavender will also add a nice fresh scent. I would caution, however, to not use citrus oils in your facial wash. Citrus oils can cause photosensitivity for up to 24 hours after application. I always err on the side of caution and don’t use citrus in very many of my homemade body products.
- Once you have the oils in you like, then you can add in your Liquid Castile Soap. Before adding the soap, make sure you like how it smells to you. Just be very cautious and slow when adding this to the mixture. The soap is what is going to make it foam and lather. You don’t want it to go all foamy before you get it into the bottle!
- After your homemade facial soap is mixed, grab your empty foaming soap dispenser and your mini funnel and fill it up. It is important when using a foaming soap bottle that you leave at least an inch of headspace in the bottle, or there will not be sufficient air to create the foaming feature we are wanting. Sometimes it can take pumping the bottle a couple of times to get the mixture up to the pump. Did you think that making the homemade face wash was going to be quite this easy? Use this homemade facial cleaner both morning or night. If your face is feeling dirty or sweaty throughout the day, you can use it again.
- Use a toner after your skin is nice and clean and free of dirt and grime.
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer.
Enjoy the fruits of your labors
When you are ready to wash your face, just wash your face like you normally would. To use, pump the bottle of natural face wash to get a medium-sized amount in your hand. Apply the natural face wash directly with your hands to wash your face, or use a washcloth. Rub into your skin well and rub around to make sure that you are doing a good job cleaning your face. Be sure to rinse your face well and follow up with a toner and moisturizer.
Making this recipe with a foaming pump, it will allow you to use fewer products than buying a bottle at the store. A little of the main ingredients go a very long way. Saving money by making your facewash can start to add up. What will you do with your extra money?
Let us know if you think this is the best facial cleanser for acne.
Thanks for visiting our website for all of your essential oil tools you need. We have a couple great pumps that would be perfect for making your own face soaps.